About the XML Daily Newslink
XML Daily Newslink is a free, publicly archived newsletter providing references to publications relevant to XML and related information technology standards. Citations and abstracts are created for news articles, technical reports, draft specifications, conference/workshop papers, tutorials, software releases, blogs, and announcements from IT standards bodies. Edited by Robin Cover, managing editor of the Cover Pages, XML Daily Newslink is delivered to email list subscribers 2-4 times each week.
OASIS and the Editor of XML Daily Newslink welcome support from sponsors who would like to see the publication continue as a publicly accessible resource. Sponsors are also invited to provide input about editorial directions for the newsletter. Any OASIS organizational member may sponsor XML Daily Newslink for $6,000/year. OASIS Foundational members may sponsor the newsletter as part of their membership package at no additional fee. Contact the editor for details.
Admin details: The XML Daily Newslink is identified by the address firstname.lastname@example.org. The first issue of the newsletter was published via this email list on July 30, 2002 under the title Cover Pages Newsletter. As of March 26, 2007, the newsletter resumed publication under the title XML Daily Newslink. Archived HTML versions of (some) newsletter issues are available online. An Atom feed is planned.
Administrative requests to the mail server relevant to XML Daily Newslink:
- Help. For help and a description of available commands, send a (blank) email message to email@example.com.
- Subscribe. To subscribe to the list, send a (blank) email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. The mail server will send an email response asking you to confirm your subscription request.
- Unsubscribe. To remove your address from the list, just send a (blank) email message to the address in the 'List-Unsubscribe' header of the list message, which should be email@example.com. If you have changed addresses since subscribing, or have arranged for the use of email aliases, you may need to send an 'unsubscribe' command containing the actual email address of record. This action is explained in the mail system 'Help' message returned to you when you request Help. Briefly: if your (real) subscriber email address of record is firstname.lastname@example.org, you would need to send an 'unsubscribe' command like this, substituting your own email userID [for 'john.doe'] and domain [for 'example.com'] in the proper slot: email@example.com
- Confirm. A security/authenticity transaction. For address addition (subscription) or removal (unsubscribe), the mail server will send a confirmation message to your address. When you receive it, simply reply to the confirmation request to complete the transaction. Usually this means "hit reply"; if asked whether you wish to return mail to the "Reply-to:" address rather than to the Sender, say 'yes'.
- Contact a human. If you need to get in touch with the human owner of this list, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The archive for the XML Daily Newslink (and Cover Pages Newsletter) is located at newsletterArchive.html.
If you have information relevant to the Cover Pages website, please send a copyright-free summary in plain text with relevant URLs to Robin Cover. We attempt to acknowledge all communiqués, but cannot always make good on that intention.