[June 29, 2001] Project apparently no longer active as of 2001-06.
1998 description: The XLF (Extensible Log Format) Initiative is organized by Don Park, CTO of Docuverse, to create the XLF specification. The XLF Initiative's immediate goal is to design the XML-based web server log format. Its long term goal remains to be the design of universal log format based on XML. XLF is XML-based Log Format designed to be extensible and universal. As of July 15, 1998, the initiative has "well over 50 participants from small and large companies, universities, government, and research institutes." The editors [July 1998] include Gavin Thomas Nicol (Inso, and DOM WG) and Lisa Rein (RDF WG). An XLF mailing list supports the collaborative work of this initiative.
[September 10, 1998] It is expected that Alex Sirota (firstname.lastname@example.org) will take over the position of XLF Chair from Don Park, who served as chair of the XLF Initiative through August/September 1998.
- See also: "Log Markup Language (LOGML)."
- XLF Main Page
- List of common Log Processing Activities - From Anders W. Tell. A document which lists commonly used Log Processing activities in order to facilitate a structured discussion about XLF Logging Initiative requirements.
- XLF -Core Proposal. From Anders W. Tell.
- Don Park's DTD Fragments
- Proposed DTD from Anders W. Tell.
- A Timestamp Proposal for XLF from Rob McDougall. [local archive copy]
- Status Update - July 15, 1998
- Announcement for the XLF Initiative and early news
- [July 27, 1998] XLF: The Extensible Log Format Version 1.0. NOTE-XLF-19980721. XLF Working Group, 21 July, 1998. Editors: Lisa Rein and Gavin Nicol. Principal Contributor: Don Park. [local archive copy]
- Extended Log File Format - W3C WD-logfile-960221, W3C Working Draft WD-logfile-960221.
- XLF Mailing list: post to email@example.com; subscribe with the message 'subscribe xlf' in email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.