An updated release of the IBM Web Services ToolKit (WSTK version 2.3) contains a Private UDDI Registry and enhancements to the WSDL Generation Tool in order to support COM. IBM Web Services ToolKit provides "a runtime environment as well as demo/examples to design and execute web-service applications to find one another and collaborate in business transactions without programming requirements or human intervention. The distribution includes a full web services application 'Gourmet2Go', an Aggregation demo of web services, and some tools that are helpful to develop and deploy Web Services. Extensive documentation is included in the toolkit to assist developers with the basic concepts of web services. The toolkit includes a fully functioning web services client API that can be used to directly access a UDDI registry." The version 2.3 WSTK release is compliant with the WSDL 1.1 specification; it also supports SOAP encryption, UDDI4B (a UDDI for Browser), and Digital Signature handler.
IBM Web Services ToolKit Contents:
- Pre-installed runtime environment (Embedded WebSphere, Xerces, Xalan, SOAP, etc.) Also there are instructions and configuration utilities to use WSTK with WebSphere Application Server 3.5 and Tomcat
- The toolkit essentially makes it easy for you to create a running Web services environment
- Client side APIs to interface with a WSDL document, a UDDI registry , and APIs to publish and bind web services
- WSDL Generator Tool that creates web services WSDL data from "legacy" Java classes and servlets, EJBs, and COM objects
- Web Services Browser tool that aids in the Publish, Unpublish, and Find operations from a UDDI registry
- An implementation of a Private UDDI registry. This function provides the ability to run a UDDI registry on your local workstation
- Demos that can be used to test the toolkit: publish a service, and use a client that communicates with the UDDI registry to find the web service and then invokes it
- Technology previews of Web services security functions (digital signatures, encryption), systems management, and SOAP technology previews
- Documentation about the Web Services Architecture, UDDI, WSFL, and WSDL specifications
- Gourmet2Go and Aggregation demosrce code
- Documentation (configuration guide, demos, examples, etc.)
- Web Services Architecture Overview, Developing Web Services whitepaper, and Tutorials
- IBM Web Services ToolKit
- IBM XML and Web Services Development Environment
- IBM developerWorks' Web Services Zone
- "Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)" - Main reference page.
- "Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration (UDDI)" - Main reference page.
- "Web Services Description Language (WSDL)" - Main reference page.