Wattle Software Announces Release of XMLwriter 1.0
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 17:23:55 +1100 From: Wattle Software <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: WATTLE SOFTWARE ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF XMLwriter 1.0.
WATTLE SOFTWARE ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF XMLwriter 1.0.
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA. 25th November, 1999.
Wattle Software today announced the release of XMLwriter 1.0, a new release of its XML and XSL editor for the Windows platform. XMLwriter 1.0 builds on the success of the Beta version released earlier this year, and remains competitively priced at $AUD 75 ($US 48) per license.
A W3C standard since early 1998, eXtensible Markup Language (XML) is fast becoming the data exchange format of choice, enabling a new generation of search engines, intelligent agents, and data delivery methods.
This release of XMLwriter leverages the wide range of vendor support for XML by providing users with the flexibility to incorporate other XML tools into the XMLwriter Integrated Development Environment (IDE). Users can select third-party XML parsers, XSL engines, and other tools to process XML documents without leaving XMLwriter. In response to user feedback, the new version includes improvements to usability, extended multilingual support, and features to help new XML users.
Some of the major features of XMLwriter include:
- Validation of XML documents against a DTD or XML Schema;
- Conversion of XML documents into other file formats using XSL/T;
- Visual structural representation of XML Schemas, enabling mouse-driven editing;
- Useful project management features in the Integrated Development Environment;
- Advanced editing features such as: real-time colour syntax highlighting of tags and keywords, extensive drag and drop support, unlimited undo/redo, find and replace, auto-indent;
- Fully customizable menus, toolbars, and workspace environment;
- Extensive online help and an XML specification guide.
XMLwriter is written entirely in C++, which makes it more integrated with the Windows environment and faster than existing Java-based XML editors. XMLwriter has been designed to meet the Windows user interface guidelines, so users can expect a familiar look and feel.
XMLwriter 1.0 Minimal Requirements: Internet Explorer 4.01 SP1 or higher. Supported Platforms: Windows 95/98/2000, Windows NT4.
About Wattle Software
Wattle Software is a dynamic software company specializing in designing, developing, marketing and supporting advanced Internet applications. Established in 1998, Wattle Software aims to produce quality, user-friendly applications with comprehensive online help and support.
Copyright 1999 Wattle Software. All rights reserved. XMLwriter is a trademark of Wattle Software. All other trademarks mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
For additional information contact:
Prepared by Robin Cover for the The SGML/XML Web Page archive.