DocBook XML V4.1.2 Released (also mirrored)
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 16:16:52 -0400 From: Norman Walsh <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com Subject: DocBook XML V4.1.2 Released (& mirrored)
[Note: DocBook Version 4.1.2 was released [with a small change] on August 27, 2000.]
DocBook XML V4.1.2 has been released.
Changes from DocBook V4.0 to DocBook V4.1.1/V4.1.2:
- Removed some 4.0 future use comments that had accidentally been left in the DTD
- Fixed system identifiers in docbook.cat
- Added version information to all the ent/*.ent files
- Fixed a number of numeric character references in the ent/*.ent files
- Fixed a couple of incorrect FPIs.
- Renamed dbgenent.ent to dbgenent.mod for parity with SGML version
See 40chg.txt for a list of the significant changes.
You can retrieve DocBook XML V4.1.2 from:
You can also retrieve DocBook V4.1 from
In fact, several recent releases of each DTD are now mirrored on
As several people have noticed :-), the DocBook Home Page on http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ is down. The mirror on docbook.org should keep everyone in business until the official site can be rebuilt. (I have all the sources, it's a simple matter of running the right mirror script, but apparently things are proceeding slowly on the server end.)
Be seeing you,
P.S. I will be on vacation for the first two weeks of September, so there are not likely to be any updates during that period. :-)
Norman Walsh <firstname.lastname@example.org> | Temptation laughs at the fool who http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | takes it seriously.--The Chofetz Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | Chaim
Prepared by Robin Cover for The XML Cover Pages archive.