XEP 2.5 Released
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 03:53:38 +0400 From: Nikolai Grigoriev <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: XEP 2.5 Released
This is to inform you that an evaluation version of XEP -- an XSL FO formatter by RenderX -- has been upgraded to version 2.5. You can find the evaluation package and download instructions on our site at:
As compared to the previous version, XEP 2.5 has the following improvements:
- support for proportional-column-width();
- support for 'orphans' ('widows' are still unsupported);
- support for 'fo:character';
- support for PNG graphics;
- some support for SVG graphics. Note that this is very limited, and hardly suitable to embed images produced by other applications;
- more consistent support of absolutely positioned block containers;
- line-breaking algorithm has been reworked to handle CJK scripts;
- GUI-based setup program (for Sun JDK/JRE only).
Changes specific to PDF Generator:
- support for TrueType/OpenType fonts;
- support for PDF bookmarks (via proprietary extensions);
- support for setting PDF document info fields inside an XSL FO document (via proprietary extensions).
Changes specific to PostScript Generator:
- support for 'pdfmark' operators;
- support for EPS graphics;
- bug fixes to improve DSC conformance.
The examples on the site have been updated, and PostScript versions of most examples have been provided.
Prepared by Robin Cover for The XML Cover Pages archive.