Public Pipeline Server
Showcase of Useful Pipelines from Markup Technology
Date: 01 Jun 2005 14:26:36 +0100 From: Henry S. Thompson <email@example.com> To: firstname.lastname@example.org Cc: Christopher R. Maden <email@example.com> Subject: Showcase of Useful Pipelines from Markup Technology
I'm pleased to announce that a showcase of Markup Technology's high-performance MT Pipeline product is now available at:
The showcase provides online access to a range of useful XML transformations, some of which are difficult or even impossible to obtain elsewhere, which illustrate how XML pipelines enable complex XML operations to be easily specified and efficiently executed without writing a line of Java/C#/Perl/Python/... code.
The pipelines which are available so far are:
Validate twice with surgery (see )
XInclude, remove xml:base, validate and absolutise
Validation of large documents one piece at a time (thanks to Chris Maden for the suggestion)
SGML to XML conversion, preserving entity references
If you have suggestions for other pipelines you'd like to have made available, there's a guestbook available from the showcase where you can leave a request.
Note: This is a beta test service, running on a server of only modest power, so please be patient with any difficulties.
Henry S. Thompson, Markup Technology Ltd. 4 Buccleuch Place, Edinburgh EH8 9LW, SCOTLAND -- +44 (0) 7866 471 388 Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org URL: http://www.markuptechnology.com/ [mail really from me _always_ has this .sig -- mail without it is forged spam]
- "MT Pipeline Overview: The Problem and the Opportunity of XML Processing." Copyright (c) 2005 Markup Systems Ltd. May 2005.
- Public Pipeline Server
- Sample pipelines:
- Validate twice with surgery: Support W3C XML Schema validation across multiple schema versions
- Validate twice with surgery: forms interface
- XInclude, remove xml:base, validate and absolutise
- XInclude: forms interface
- Validation of large document one piece at a time
- Piecemeal validation: forms interface
- SGML to XML conversion, preserving entity references
- Identity pipeline: Check your server connection
- Identity pipeline: forms interface
- Related XML pipeline technologies
- XML-DEV posting on Showcase Server
- MT Pipeline: A Public Service and a New Product. Presentation at XTech 2005.
- "Versioning Made Easy with W3C XML Schema and Pipelines." By Henry S. Thompson.
Prepared by Robin Cover for The XML Cover Pages archive.