Enhanced Oracle Beehive Version 1.5
Oracle Announces Enhanced Oracle Beehive
Team Workspaces, Enhanced Web and Voice Conferencing Among New Features to Facilitate Collaboration and Increase Enterprise Efficiency
Collaborate 2009, Orlando, Florida, USA. May 04, 2009. [With Additional References]
Adding significant value to the only unified collaboration system built for the enterprise, Oracle today announced enhancements to Oracle Beehive.
Oracle Beehive delivers a range of collaboration tools including email, calendar, team workspaces, conferencing, and instant messaging on a single, standards-based platform.
With the enhancements, organizations using Oracle Beehive can establish more efficient communication channels to enable easier collaboration and improve individual and team productivity.
Today's announcement also extends Oracle Beehive's integration with existing systems, helping customers to lower infrastructure costs, simplify IT management, and reduce risk.
A New Level of Enterprise Collaboration
As the only unified collaboration system built for the enterprise, Oracle Beehive delivers superior scalability, manageability and security.
Updates to the latest release of Oracle Beehive include:
Web-based Team Collaboration: [Beehive 5.1 is] the first team workspace software that builds on an enterprise-specific security and compliance framework offers a user-friendly environment for teams to manage activities and information; it includes wikis, team calendaring, RSS support, contextual search, and advanced file sharing and can be centrally provisioned or set up by the team with no portal requirement.
Enhanced Web and Voice Conferencing: [Beehive 5.1] enables organizations to apply security and content management policies to conferencing; expanded feature set includes on-demand conference recording and retrieval.
Expanded Integration with Popular Desktop Productivity Tools: [Beehive 5.1] helps eliminate training costs and user adoption challenges by allowing users to take advantage of familiar software while IT benefits from Oracle Beehive's scalability, security and manageability.
To provide greater flexibility for customers, Oracle Beehive can be deployed on premise or through Oracle On Demand.
"As organizations rely increasingly on collaboration software to drive both communication and business process efficiency, repackaged groupware and point solutions are proving to be costly and difficult to manage on an enterprise scale. With its unified platform, Oracle Beehive provides enterprise-ready collaboration in a single, easy-to-manage system with a low total cost of ownership," said David Gilmour, senior vice president, Collaboration Technologies, Oracle.
- Oracle Beehive Data Sheet
- Oracle Beehive FAQ
- Oracle Beehive Podcast
- Video: Oracle Beehive Customer, Calsoft
- Download Oracle Software. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's largest business software company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Blanc and Otus
- New Features in Oracle Beehive Release 1 (1.5)
- Oracle Beehive Extensions for Explorer
- Oracle Beehive Workspaces Client
- Oracle Beehive Extensions for Outlook Enhancements
- Oracle Beehive Zimbra Enhancements
- Enhancements for Mobile Device Support
- Oracle Beehive Conferencing Enhancements
- Conference recording: Oracle Beehive Conferencing now includes conference recording with recordings stored in the users' personal workspaces
- Document sharing and time management enhancements: Oracle Beehive Conferencing provides improved support for sharing documents with TrueType and optimized integration of time management (scheduling) capabilities
- Other Features and Enhancements
- Expanded server-side rule support: Oracle Beehive Extensions for Outlook and Oracle Beehive Central now support server-side rules based on the "To" and "CC" fields
- Support for workspace-based RSS feeds: Oracle Beehive Workspaces Client enables users to subscribe to RSS feeds for recent workspace activities across multiple and individual workspaces
- Oracle Announces Enhanced Oracle Beehive 1.5
- Oracle Beehive Release Notes Release 1 (1.5) Part Number E14829-01. Also in PDF format. Published: May 4, 2009.
- Oracle Beehive Documentation
- Beehive Collaboration Software
Prepared by Robin Cover for The XML Cover Pages archive. See also the overview of Oracle Beehive as relevant to the OASIS Integrated Collaboration Object Model for Interoperable Collaboration Services (ICOM) Technical Committee.