XML High School Transcript Standard
High School Transcript Approved by PESC Members as National Education Community Standard
First XML Standard for High School Transcript Bridges Secondary and Postsecondary Communities
Washington DC, USA. July 05, 2006.
The Board of Directors and Steering Committee of the Postsecondary Electronic Standards Council (PESC) are pleased to announce the release of the XML High School Transcript Standard as a PESC Member-Approved National Education Community Standard. Version 1.0 and all supporting documentation are available at www.PESC.org. This effort marks a significant milestone and achievement for the education community, the Standardization of Postsecondary Education Electronic Data Exchange (SPEEDE) Committee of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRA), and for PESC.
"The adoption of the High School Transcript by PESC Members is a significant milestone, and comes at a great time for California's K-12 and postsecondary communities," states L. Russ Brawn, Chief Operations Officer for the California School Information Services (CSIS). "Having reliable XML-based standard transactions to facilitate matriculation into higher education builds on commitments we made some years back to leverage inherent XML advantages in doing work over the Internet," Mr. Brawn who also serves as Director of the California Educational Technology Professionals Association (CETPA), continues. "PESC brought focus to this concept and CSIS is proud of our involvement in that effort. Standards do work."
The High School Transcript is a specification designed for use by secondary and postsecondary educational institutions, state agencies, and software vendors to communicate current and historical student academic records. The High School Transcript contains personal history and identifying information about the student, the current academic status, dates of attendance, courses completed with grades earned, diplomas and certificates awarded, and selected test scores. The High School Transcript is programmed in Extensible
PESC Members that approved the High School Transcript as a National Education Community Standard include:
- National Council of Higher Education Loan Programs (NCHELP)
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
- National Student Clearinghouse
- Oracle Corporation
- California Community College System
- Purdue University
- Sallie Mae
- The College Board
- Student Loan Servicing Alliance (SLSA)
- Community College of the Air Force
- SunGard Higher Education
- Consumer Bankers Association (CBA)
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Illinois Student Financial Services
- ELM Resources
- University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
- Florida State University
- University of Minnesota
- Georgia Board of Regents
- University of Mississippi
- Iowa State University
- University of Northern Iowa
- Law School Admission Council (LSAC)
- University of Oklahoma
- Miami University — DARS
- University of Texas at Austin
- National Association of Student Loan Administrators (NASLA)
- University of Virginia
- USA Funds
- National Career Assessment Services Inc. (NCASI)
- U.S. Department of Education
- Wachovia Education Finance
- XAP Corporation
For any organization looking to communicate their specific use and adoption of the High School Transcript, please contact Michael Sessa or Jennifer Kim directly at Sessa@PESC.org 202-293- 7383 or Jennifer.Kim@PESC.org 202-263-0296 respectively. For more information on PESC or the High School Transcript, please visit www.PESC.org.
Established in 1997 and located in Washington, D.C., the Postsecondary Electronic Standards Council (PESC) is a non-profit, community-based, umbrella association of colleges and universities; professional and commercial organizations; data, software and service providers; and state and federal government agencies. PESC's mission is to lead the establishment and adoption of data exchange standards in education. The goals of the mission are to enable the improvement of institutional performance and foster collaboration across educational communities in order to lower costs, improve service, and attain system interoperability.
PESC Executive Director
Tel: +1 202-293-7383
One Dupont Circle NW, Suite 520
Washington, D.C. 20036
Web site: www.PESC.org
- PESC XML High School Transcript version 1.0
- XML High School Transcript Implementation Guide. Version 1.0.0. June 15, 2006. Send corrections and comments to Tom Stewart. [cache]
- HighSchoolTranscript v1.0.0 [cache]
- Academic Record Schema Version 1.1.0 [cache]
- Core Main Schema v1.2.0 [cache]
- XML Registry and Repository for the Education Community
- "PostSecondary Electronic Standards Council XML Forum for Education." - Local references.
Prepared by Robin Cover for The XML Cover Pages archive.