Oracle XML Parser for Java v2.0.2 - Production Release
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:51:28 -0700 From: Mark Scardina <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: XML-L@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE Subject: ANN: Oracle XML Parser for Java v2.0.2 - Production Release
The first production release of the Oracle XML Parser for Java v2 is available for download at http://technet.oracle.com/tech/xml.
The following are included features and specs:
- New high performance architecture including DTD cache
- Integrated support for W3C XSLT Working Draft (Aug99)
- Supports validation and non-validation modes
- Built-in Error Recovery until fatal error.
- Supports W3C XML 1.0 Recommendation.
- Intergrated Document Object Model (DOM) Level 1.0 API
- Integrated SAX 1.0 API
- Supports W3C Proposed Recomendation for XML Namespaces
- Supports documents in the following encodings:
UTF-8 BIG 5 UTF-16 GB2312 ISO-10646-UCS-2 EUC-JP ISO-10646-UCS-4 EUC-KR US-ASCII KOI8-R EBCDIC-CP-* ISO-2022-JP ISO-8859-1to -9 ISO-2022-KR Shift_JIS
Support is available in the XML Forum on OTN to provide a collaborative area for bug reporting, technical support, and discussing other Oracle/XML issues. This forum will be used for external as well as internal beta testers.
Mark V. Scardina Sr. Product Mgr & XML Evangelist Core and XML Development Server Technologies - Oracle Corporation Oracle XML News http://www.oracle.com/xml OTN http://technet.oracle.com/tech/xml
Prepared by Robin Cover for the The SGML/XML Web Page archive.