ANNOUNCE: FOP 0.16 Release
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 21:09:22 -0400 From: Arved Sandstrom <Arved_37@chebucto.ns.ca> To: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: [xsl] ANNOUNCE: FOP 0.16 Release
FOP 0.16, the New Years release, is now available from http://xml.apache.org/fop/download.html. FOP is the Apache XML project's XSL-FO (Extensible Stylesheet Language Formatting Objects) processor. For details see http://xml.apache.org/fop/index.html.
Significant additions in this release include column support, hyphenation, and PDF compression. Tables have also received a lot of attention.
In the larger picture, work continues on filling in the gaps between the XSL Candidate Recommendation and FOP. We anticipate a production release which has at least Basic conformance in all areas by early-mid spring of this year. FOP is moving to TRAX for interfacing with XSLT processors, has active cooperation with Batik SVG (see http://xml.apache.org/batik/), and has a number of initiatives underway to field new fo:instream-foreign-object content processors and back-end renderers.
New developers are always welcome. FOP is an active and challenging Apache XML project.
Release Notice Date: 2 Jan 2001
FOP contact: Arved Sandstrom (email@example.com)
Features included since the 0.15 release:
- support for multi-column and column spanning (column-count, column-gap, span)
- compression for PDF files, changed output format to OutputStream
- improved handling of compound properties
- fo:character and property 'character' (limitation: not included into hyphenation, no Common Margin and Padding support)
- vertical alignment for table cell contents
- Finnish hyphenation patterns
- hyphenation package, integration into FOP
- interim configuration package
- FopImage class that uses JAI and JAI compile target
- support for rule-style
- tables to handle headers, footers, keep-with, colspan is partly done
- SVG stuff for the latest Java bindings
XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list