dbXML Core Edition 0.4 Released
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 13:03:32 -0700 From: Kimbro Staken <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: email@example.com Subject: [dbXML-core-announce] dbXML Core Edition 0.4 Released
dbXML Core Edition 0.4 released
The dbXML Group is proud to announce the release of version 0.4 of the dbXML Core Edition.
The dbXML Core Edition is the worlds first Open Source native XML database application server. It is a data management system designed specifically for collections of XML documents and is easily embedded into existing applications, highly configurable, and openly extensible. The source code has been released under the GNU Lesser General Public License and is available at the dbXML Group's Core Edition web page http://www.dbxmlgroup.com/core.html.
This release updates the dbXML distribution adding new features bug fixes and better documentation.
New features added in this release include:
- Completed Compressed DOM implementation.
- Indexing system enhancements to allow explicit index creation for XPath queries.
- Integration of the Cocoon XSL-T engine into the core server to enable internal transformation of XML data.
- Enhanced XMLObject Architecture to provide robust server side embedded logic.
- Nested Collection support for improved storage layout efficiency.
The dbXML Core Edition is available for download from:
About the dbXML Group: Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, the dbXML Group focuses on next-generation web application development tools and services specifically in the realm of XML-related technologies. The dbXML Group L.L.C. started operating in March of 2000 in order to produce an enterprise-scale XML database application server.
Chief Technology Officer
dbXML Group L.L.C
Prepared by Robin Cover for The XML Cover Pages archive.