XML Spy 3.5 Final Release
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 02:51:50 +0100 From: XML Spy Mailing List <email@example.com> Subject: XML Spy Newsletter - XML Spy 3.5 has been released and is now available for downloading
Dear XML Spy user,
We are proud to be able to announce the final release of XML Spy 3.5 today!
XML Spy 3.5 unleashes the full power of XML Schema for your XML work. In addition to the new integrated graphical XML Schema design view, XML Spy 3.5 also offers advanced repository interfaces and a scripting environment for building powerful XML solutions tailored to your needs. XML Spy is now also available as a server edition that enables you to use XML Spy functions from any COM-capable programming language of your choice within your sever applications.
If you are an existing XML Spy 3.0 Premium customer, please download your FREE upgrade today - your existing license key-code will simply activate the new 3.5 version as well.
Version 3.5 of XML Spy includes these new important features in the areas of XML Schema support, repository interfaces, and scripting:
- support for the latest XML Schema Candidate Recommendation released by the W3C on 10/24/2000
- a graphical schema design view for editing XML Schemas with unprecedented ease-of-use
- the ability to automatically convert schemas from the April 7 working draft to Oct 24 CR status
- the ability to convert existing DTDs, XML-Data, or BizTalk schemas to the W3C XML Schema Definition Language
- validation of XML Schemas with integrated error highlighting directly within the Schema design view
- validation of XML instance documents against complex XML Schemas
- generation of complete XML Schema documentation in HTML and Word format
- support for new XML Spy add-ins through the component download center
- access and manipulate files in any respository that is accessible through an ftp:, http:, or https: URL
- browse and manipulate folders directly from the Open/Save URL dialog on any FTP or WebDAV server
- the ability to access files from a URL using user-name and password (server and/or proxy security)
- support for Microsoft Source-Safe repository (and compatible configuration management systems)
- a new COM-based API for integrating XML Spy into custom solutions (Visual Basic sample included)
- new Scripting Environment and Form editor for creating custom XML applications
We are anticipating a huge demand for this new XML Spy release and are therefore providing this download on a dedicated server hosted with a high-speed ISP. Nevertheless, if you are still experiencing problems with downloading this release, we have to ask you for a little patience. Please try again after a few hours or at night-time, when there are not as many users accessing the Internet.
Please use this URL to download XML Spy 3.5 now (file size is 7.5 MB):
We are now also offering a quick introduction to the new XML Schema Design View online. If you are interested in working with XML Schema, please visit this URL, which explains the new XML Schema related features in detail:
Please note, that as of today XML Spy 3.5 is available from our online shop for a retail price of US$ 199.00 per user with volume discounts offered to site licenses purchasers:
Existing customers of the XML Spy 3.0 Premium product can easily upgrade to XML Spy 3.5 for FREE - simply download the new software and activate it using your existing license key-code.
XML Spy Team
Prepared by Robin Cover for The XML Cover Pages archive.