XEP 2.7 evaluation version available
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 15:45:50 +0400 (AMT) From: David Tolpin <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: email@example.com Subject: XEP 2.7 evaluation version available
This is to inform you that an evaluation version of XEP 2.7, an XSL formatter by RenderX, is now available for download from our site.
XEP 2.7 implements the last version of the XSL spec - W3C Recommendation of October 15, 2001. The whole contents of our site has been updated to conform to this specification (testcases, demos, DTD for XSL FO, etc).
WARNING: the syntax described by the new spec is slightly different from XSL Candidate Recommendation implemented in earlier versions of XEP. To facilitate migration, XEP distribution includes a stylesheet that converts XSL CR documents to the last XSL Recommendation.
The new version has the following improvements over the previous one (XEP 2.5):
- orphans and widows implemented;
- start-indent and end-indent properties interpretation changed to conform to the spec;
- space resolution rule treatment is more consistent;
- radical improvements in the PDF generator:
- PDF compression;
- PDF security/encryption
- treatment of Type1 fonts in PFB format
- TrueType font subsetting;
- a completely new logging/monitoring interface, based on SAX;
- documentation reformatted in DocBook;
- various speedups and bugfixes.
Further details and download links can be found at the product's home page:
This version of XEP has been used to prepare the official XSL Recommendation in PDF format. The stylesheet used for this purpose is publicly available from our site: