Interwoven TeamSite 6.0 Content Server
Interwoven Releases TeamSite 6.0 - The New Benchmark in the Content Management Industry
New Release Empowers Enterprises to Boost Workforce Productivity and Enable Faster, Smarter Decision-Making with an All New, Easy, and Customizable User Experience
Sunnyvale, California, USA. July 21, 2003.
Interwoven, Inc., a world-leading provider of content management for the enterprise, today launches Interwoven TeamSite 6.0 Content Server, extending content management access to all business users, and enabling them to maintain control and distributed ownership of content across the enterprise. With more than 1000 customers in production with the current content management product, Interwoven introduces the latest version of its flagship product within the Interwoven 6 Platform, a new interface framework that features an intuitive, customizable user experience designed to lower the learning curve and improve user efficiency.
Validated through extensive testing and contributions from hundreds of customers, TeamSite 6.0 sets the new industry standard for ease-of-use in content management. With a unified user experience, TeamSite 6.0 ultimately extends the benefit of content management across the enterprise by enabling faster time to market, increased workforce productivity, and better decision-making.
"Creating a system that can be used by contributors at all technical skill levels has been a challenge for CMS vendors," said Andy Warzecha, senior vice president, META Group, Inc. "Business users in particular need an interface that's intuitive and doesn't force them to learn a new way of doing everyday business. Only by providing interfaces that serve business users can a CMS system rise to its full potential as an essential business tool that streamlines processes and ensures the rapid, accurate deployment of content to various eBusiness initiatives enterprise-wide."
What's New: Interwoven Delivers Breakthrough User Experience with TeamSite 6.0
- ContentCenter: Redesigned user experience for the Interwoven 6 platform.
- ContentCenter Standard: The industry's first all-new business user interface featuring fully customizable, portal-style content management components for streamlined content contribution by casual contributors and approvers, subject matter experts, and line of business managers. Out-of-the-box components feature a forms component, streamlined content browsing, configurable online help, favorites, modified content, and a job management component.
- ContentCenter Professional: An all-new power user interface featuring a comprehensive set of content management features for advanced users, Web masters and administrators including branching, workflow, virtualization, versioning, security, and an open interface for any authoring tool integration.
- FormsPublisher: An all-new templating user interface that's customizable on a per-form basis featuring in-context help capabilities, task shortcuts, content containers and enhanced XML format support.
- ContentServices User Interface Toolkit: An all-new toolkit that underpins ContentCenter allowing for rapid, easy and consistent user interface customizations as well as facilitating the creation of completely new customer interfaces. The Tooklit ensures that all customizations are preserved for future upgrades. The Toolkit is a core element of Interwoven's Services Oriented Architecture strategy. See today's press release.
- Native support for IBM and BEA application servers: TeamSite 6.0 will enable enterprises to leverage IBM and BEA application servers to power Interwoven client applications using a J2EE framework.
Customers Validate Interwoven TeamSite 6.0 Industry-Leading Usability John Deere has developed a content-rich portal, attracting over 160,000 unique visitors, and serving up 1.5 million page views monthly. And in just twelve months, the company was able to create five country-specific versions. "Streamlining the content contribution process and extending our contributor base to multiple locations is critical to our overall Agricultural Division content strategy," said Cary David, Division Manager, e-Business Solutions at John Deere.
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. operates 25 cruise ships around the world. The firm's two cruise brands, Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean International, carry more than two million passengers a year to about 200 destinations, including Alaska, the Caribbean, and Europe. Royal Caribbean is always looking for ways to streamline marketing and eBusiness processes to offer up-to-date information to users. "We are excited with the introduction of Interwoven TeamSite 6.0's user friendly interface and we are looking forward to leveraging the tool to simplify content entry as well as decentralize the process to less technical users across the enterprise," said Paulo Gouveia, Content Management Project Lead, Royal Caribbean.
Key Benefits to the Enterprise
- Improve end-user productivity: TeamSite 6.0 makes content contribution and collaboration faster, easier, and smarter for business and professional users.
- Lower end-user training costs: TeamSite 6.0 lowers the learning curve for all user constituencies improving productivity in less time.
- Lower Support / IT costs: TeamSite 6.0 empowers users to maintain control and ownership of their own content freeing up IT and Web team resources, and enables enterprises to eliminate costly point solutions to rely on a single platform to manage global initiatives.
- Lower Customization costs: Improving end-user acceptance with rapid and easy customizations leveraging a future-proof customization model.
- Enforce corporate governance standards: Improving visibility and transparency of business processes and content control to fiscal management.
Interwoven TeamSite Integrates with Leading Business Applications
The TeamSite consists of the TeamSite Content Server software, TeamSite Content Stores, and the TeamSite XML Server. TeamSite 6.0's Services Oriented Architecture facilitates integrations with leading line of business applications:
- Application Servers: BEA WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, Oracle 9iAS, iPlanet
- Portal Servers: BEA, IBM, SAP, Oracle and Plumtree
- Enterprise Applications: Siebel and PeopleSoft
"TeamSite 6.0 is the culmination of months of customer consultation and collaboration across a wide range of industries," said Kevin Cochrane, vice president of product management for Interwoven. "With more than 100 customers and partners participating in our Beta program, interest in TeamSite 6.0 has been tremendous -- and usability is their number one issue. With this new version, Interwoven is leapfrogging the competition to become the industry's easiest-to-use content management system, and by default the most suitable for enterprise-wide deployment. At the same time, by further empowering business users to manage their own content, we're help companies reduce their developer and support costs across the board."
TeamSite 6.0 is currently in Beta, and will be generally available in September 2003. For more information about Interwoven TeamSite 6.0 visit:
Interwoven, Inc. is a world-leading provider of content management software for the enterprise. Allied with the leading enterprise application providers, the Interwoven 6 platform provides content management for more than 1200 organizations world wide including Air France, Cisco Systems, General Electric, General Motors, and Yamaha. For more information visit http://www.interwoven.com.
Prepared by Robin Cover for The XML Cover Pages archive.