Corel Smart Graphics Studio 1.1 Demonstrated at SVG Open 2003
Corel Smart Graphics Studio 1.1 Update Now Available
Vancouver, Canada. SVG Open Conference. July 15, 2003.
Corel Corporation today announced that it has released an update to Corel Smart Graphics Studio, a development platform designed to speed and simplify the creation of SVG-based smart graphics. The new update will be demonstrated at the Corel booth for the duration of the SVG Open conference.
Corel Smart Graphics Studio 1.1 provides several enhancements to both the development and serving of SVG applications connected to databases and Web services including:
- More control over assets and objects within Corel Developer SG
- Advanced debugging capabilities to simplify the development process
- Support for Oracle stored procedures improves Oracle interoperability and reduces development time
- More advanced caching capabilities on the server
Smart graphics are a new form of enterprise-class, graphically-rich application built using open standard SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) to transform XML and legacy data into powerful and compelling intranet and extranet applications. For more information, please visit:
About Corel Corporation
Founded in 1985, Corel Corporation (www.corel.com) is a leading technology company specializing in content creation tools, business process management and XML-enabled enterprise solutions. The company's goal is to give consumers and enterprise customers the ability to create, exchange and instantly interact with visual content that is always relevant, accurate and available. With its headquarters in Ottawa, Canada, Corel's common stock trades on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol CORL and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol COR.
The Version 1.1 download enables all the developers who tried version 1.0 to test the new features of Corel Smart Graphics Studio with a new 30 day trial period.
Corel Smart Graphics Studio Version 1.1 New Features
New features include:
- Template Builder now lets you validate your templates with a single click
- You can now drag and drop your assets from Windows Explorer into the Project Manager
- Enhanced dSVG (client interactivity and UI Libraries)
- dSVG Listbox now has a sort attribute
- dSVG Math functions have been enhanced with rounding functions
- The full dSVG specification now posted
- Enhanced tool tips in attributes docker provide you with useful help
- Refined debug capabilities now allow you to test and execute specific processes within a project
- You can now drag and drop modules between processes
- Module enhancements
- New String Splitter Module lets you break down complex strings into fragments
- New CXS Execute Module allows you to launch one process from another
- ODBC Procedures Module supports Oracle stored procedures
- Timeout function added to Web Services and ODBC Modules
- Enhanced caching controls allow you to specify the location for Server SG cache data
- New custom HTML error pages help you debug failing processes
Dynamic Scalable Vector Graphics (dSVG)
The dSVG 1.1 Specification and Test Suite (distribution file) "contains the proposal submitted to the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) SVG Working Group to enhance SVG's support of enterprise application development for dynamic interfaces. It is a technical specification intended for developers, the SVG community, and the SVG working group to access the content in the proposed changes. It also contains a test suite that includes code not intended for commercial purposes, but provided by Corel to help developers test the specification. As a result you must agree to the terms and conditions outlined..." [EULA follows]
Prepared by Robin Cover for The XML Cover Pages archive. See also: (1) the 2003-04-30 news story "Corel Smart Graphics Studio Uses SVG for Graphical Applications Development"; (2) SVG Open 2003 event notice (July 13 - 18, 2003, Second Annual Conference on Scalable Vector Graphics Vancouver, BC, Canada); (3) SVG Open 2003 Online Proceedings.