Web Services Distributed Management Technical Committee
Call for Participation: OASIS Web Services Distributed Management Technical Committee
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 08:35:26 -0500 From: Karl Best <email@example.com> To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Subject: OASIS TC Call for Participation: WSDM TC (Distributed Management)
A new OASIS technical committee is being formed. The OASIS Web Services Distributed Management Technical Committee (WSDM TC) has been proposed by the following members of OASIS: Andrea Westerinen, Cisco; Andreas Maier, IBM; Ben Block, Intersoft; Daniel M. Foody, Actional Corporation; Dick Spellman, Sun; Ed Day, Objective Systems; Ellen Stokes, IBM; Fred Carter, AmberPoint; Gil Kirkpatrick, NetPro; Guru Bhat, Sun; Heather Kreger, IBM; Hedy Alban, Effective Analyses; Igor Sedhuck, Computer Associates; Jim Willits, HP; Karl Schopmeyer, Cisco; Mark Potts, Talking Blocks; Matt Green, webMethods; Richard Nikula, BMC Software; Sekhar Sarukkai, Confluence Software; Veena Subrahmanyam, HP; Yoshimasa Masuoka, Hitachi; Homayoun Pourheidari, HP; and Winston Bumpus, Novell.
The proposal for a new TC meets the requirements of the OASIS TC Process (see http://oasis-open.org/committees/process.shtml), and is appended to this message. The proposal, which includes a statement of purpose, list of deliverables, and proposed schedule, will constitute the TC's charter. The TC Process allows these items to be clarified (revised) by the TC members; such clarifications (revisions), as well as submissions of technology for consideration by the TC and the beginning of technical discussions, may occur no sooner than the TC's first meeting.
To become a member of this new TC you must 1) be an employee of an OASIS member organization or an Individual member of OASIS; 2) notify the TC chair, Winston Bumpus (firstname.lastname@example.org) of your intent to participate at least 15 days prior to the first meeting; and 3) attend the first meeting on 2 April 2003. You should also subscribe to the TC's mail list. Note that membership in OASIS TCs is by individual, and not by organization. You must be eligible for participation at the time you time you notify the chair.
The private mail list email@example.com is for committee discussions. TC members as well as any other interested OASIS members should subscribe to the list by going to the mail list web page at http://lists.oasis-open.org/ob/adm.pl, or by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word "subscribe" as the body of the message. (Note that subscribing to the mail list does not make you a member of the TC; to become a member you must contact the TC chair and attend the first meeting as described in the preceeding paragraph.)
A public comment list will be available for the public to make comments on the work of this TC; a message may be sent to the TC via the address email@example.com.
The archives of both of these mail lists are visible to the public at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/.
Karl F. Best Vice President, OASIS +1 978.667.5115 x206 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.oasis-open.org
Name of TC
Web Services Distributed Management Technical Committee (WSDM TC)
Statement of Purpose
To define web services management. This includes using web services architecture and technology to manage distributed resources. This TC will also develop the model of a web service as a manageable resource. This TC will collaborate with various evolving activities within other standards groups, including, but not limited to, DMTF (working with its technical work groups regarding relevant CIM Schema), GGF (on the OGSA common resource model and OGSI regarding infrastructure), and W3C (the web services architecture committee). Also liaison with other OASIS TCs, including the security TC and other management oriented TCs.
Deliverables and Dates
Web Services Distributed Management (WSDM) V1.0 Specification, Jan 2004. This includes WSDL described manageable resources and the xml schema to complete those descriptions. This document will also define explicit manageability for the components of the Web Services Architecture (WSA) as defined by the W3C.
Language TC Will Conduct Business
Date and Time of First Meeting
Conference Call April 2nd 7am PST
Call every Wednesday 7am Pacific
Names and Email Addresses: Proposers Committed to TC Schedule
- Andrea Westerinen, email@example.com, Cisco
- Andreas Maier, MAIERA@de.ibm.com, IBM
- Ben Block, Ben@inteqnet.com Intersoft
- Daniel M. Foody, firstname.lastname@example.org, Actional Corporation
- Dick Spellman, Richard.email@example.com, Sun
- Ed Day, firstname.lastname@example.org, Objective Systems
- Ellen Stokes, email@example.com, IBM
- Fred Carter, firstname.lastname@example.org, AmberPoint
- Gil Kirkpatrick, email@example.com , NetPro
- Guru Bhat firstname.lastname@example.org, Sun
- Heather Kreger, email@example.com, IBM
- Hedy Alban, Hedy@EffectiveAnalyses.com, Effective Analyses
- Igor Sedhuck, Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com, Computer Associates
- Jim Willits, firstname.lastname@example.org, HP
- Karl Schopmeyer, email@example.com, Cisco
- Mark Potts firstname.lastname@example.org, Talking Blocks
- Matt Green, Matthew.Green@webmethods.com, webMethods, Inc
- Richard Nikula, Richard_Nikula@bmc.com, BMC Software
- Sekhar Sarukkai, email@example.com, Confluence Software
- Veena Subrahmanyam, firstname.lastname@example.org, HP
- Yoshimasa Masuoka, email@example.com, Hitachi
- Homayoun Pourheidari, firstname.lastname@example.org, HP
- Winston Bumpus, email@example.com, Novell
Name of TC Co-Chairs
Phone Conference Sponsor
Winston Bumpus - Novell, Inc.
Prepared by Robin Cover for The XML Cover Pages archive. See other references in the 2003-02-25 news item "OASIS Technical Committee Addresses Management of Web Services."