IONA Announces Mobile Orchestrator Integration Broker
IONA Mobile Orchestrator is uniquely suited to supporting occasionally connected users because:
- it is built on a distributed architecture, which provides process integration capabilities at both the server and the occasionally connected client and solves information latency problems
- its process engine provides support for complex, long-lived business processes and conversations, as opposed to the single requests and simple transactions more typical of portals and other Web applications
- it combines reliable delivery mechanisms, intelligent transport behaviors, and an open architecture built on Web services to make easy work of managing loosely coupled business processes
- it includes adapters and transformation support for a number of data sources, including various packaged applications, middleware technologies and component technologies
- it is deployed on IONA's patented configurable runtime, ART
IONA Mobile Orchestrator Solution Components
The IONA Orchestrator Studio is a development environment that lets users:
- create and publish Web services orchestrations that invoke a series of existing Web services according to user-defined business rules
- specify document schemas and visually define data transformations
- define and configure adapters to data sources, including files and databases
The Orchestrator Mobile Client provides the flexible, intelligent, process-based technology that mobile workers require in order to be productive whether connected or disconnected. It includes Web services orchestration, reliable Web services over FTP, adaptable transport control, flexible data transformation and adapters to data sources.
IONA Orchestrator Server provides the scalable performance required for handing large numbers of occasionally connected and untethered users that are integrated with enterprise data and applications. It includes Web services orchestration, reliable Web services over FTP, adaptable transport control, flexible data transformation, adapters to data sources, and an orchestration monitor that allows business users to monitor and control the execution of Web services orchestrations in real time. It integrates with the full line of IONA products to achieve end-to-any integration for meeting any enterprise integration requirement.
Availability and Pricing
The Mobile Orchestrator will be generally available on March 24, 2003. Pricing for Mobile Orchestrator is available through IONA Partners. A list of IONA Partners can be found at http://www.iona.com.
IONA Orchestrator Product Family
IONA Orchestrator is a graphical, project-oriented Web services process integration broker that enables the creation and execution of business processes that span time, organizations, applications, and people. Designed for use by non-technical developers and analysts, IONA's Orchestrator product family offers organizations a quick, reliable and secure solution for making their integration and business process management technologies work together and helping them dramatically simplify application integration.
IONA is the leading provider of Rapid Integration software with more than 4,500 customers worldwide. IONA's award-winning Rapid Integration software products are built on: service-oriented architectures that increase reuse of software assets to deliver lasting results, standards-based software that enables vendor independence, and incremental deployment capabilities that lower the customer's risk.
Founded in 1991, IONA is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, with U.S. headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts and offices worldwide. For additional information about IONA, visit our Web site at http://www.iona.com.
See also: Leading System Integrators, Resellers and ISVs Support Iona Mobile Orchestrator. Alliance Members and Partners See Universal Need for Software to Support Enterprise Mobility, Sign-on to Deliver Occasionally Connected Computing Solutions with IONA."
Prepared by Robin Cover for The XML Cover Pages archive.