Release of 4DOM Version 0.8.0
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 13:03:51 -0400 From: firstname.lastname@example.org To: email@example.com
FourThought LLC (http://FourThought.com) announces the release of 4DOM 0.8.0, An implementation of the W3C's Document Object Model in Python.
4DOM is a close implementation of the DOM recommendation, including DOM Core level 1, DOM HTML level 1, Node Iterator and Node Filter from DOM Level 2, and a few utility and helper components. 4DOM can work in a CORBA* enviroment, or in a purely local set-up.
4DOM is designed to allow developers rapidly design applications that read, write or manipulate HTML and XML.
There have been many changes to 4DOM since the last major release, 0.7.0. There were two more releases, which were only bundled with 4XSL. For a complete listing, please see:
But some highlights:
- Support for non-CORBA usage
- Improved performance
- DOM Level 2 NodeFilters and NodeIterators
- Pythonic interface for NodeLists and NamedNodeMaps
- XML Namespace support (proprietary until W3C decides chooses between the proposed Level 2 interfaces)
- Several interface changes in Ext
- Re-organized module structure
- Explicit garbage-collection method
- Better-tested Fnorb and Ilu support
- Many bug-fixes
More info and Obtaining 4DOM
Or you can download 4DOM from:
4DOM is distributed under a license similar to that of Python.
*For CORBA users, 4DOM directly supports ILU and Fnorb.
Uche Ogbuji firstname.lastname@example.org Consulting Member, FourThought LLC http://FourThought.com http://OpenTechnology.org
Prepared by Robin Cover for the The SGML/XML Web Page archive.