Novell Presents ODA
Novell is excited to announce it will be giving a tutorial on the Open Document
Architecture (ODA) standard during the Documation 95 show. The tutorial will discuss the
advantages and benefits of using the ODA standard and how it can coexist with and complement
SGML. Some of the tools that are currently available to support the ODA standard will be
The tutorial will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on March 6, 1995. It is open to all
The Documation 95 show will be held in Long Beach, California on March 6 - 9, 1995. For
information about show call (703)519-8160.
What are the advantages of ODA?
- ODA preserves the layout as well as the content of compound documents in a
- ODA provides a format that is ideal for document exchange because it is platform and
- ODA provides a format for document storage that will not become obsolete with newer
versions of document authoring software.
Who needs ODA?
- Every large company and government agency that has a heavy investment in the value
of the documents it creates.
- Large organizations that need to communicate beyond their own divisions.
- Any company, government agency or individual that wants to be able to share documents
without sacrificing formatting and layout instructions.
What is ODA?
- ODA is a non-proprietary document format standard for storing and exchanging
documents. It is an international standard for storing and exchanging compound documents.
- Because it is non-proprietary, documents stored in the ODA format are independent of the
program, the version and the platform on which the original document was created. Any ODA
compliant document can be accessed, changed, exchanged, stored and reproduced by any ODA