IBM alphaWorks labs has released an enhanced version of its XML Schema Quality Checker (SQC). SQC is "a program which takes as input documents containing XML Schemas written in the W3C XML schema language and diagnoses improper uses of the schema language. Where the appropriate action to correct the schema is not obvious, the diagnostic message may include a suggestion about how to make the fix. The updated version now provides direct validation of embedded schemas like those which may appear in WSDL documents or XForms. It includes bug fixes and now uses Xerces version 2.0.0. For Eclipse or WSAD users, the IBM XML Schema Quality Checker can now be installed as an Eclipse or WSAD plugin; it can also still be run as a standalone command line program."
Web site description: "For Schemas which are composed of numerous schema documents connected via <include> <import> or <redefine> element information items, a full schema-wide checking is performed. The tool can also be run in batch mode to quality check multiple XML schemas in a single run... Schemas that occur as the content of an element of another vocabulary, such as Web Services Description Language or XForms, can be checked without extracting them first. Use the option -wsdl or -xform. If there is another vocabulary and you have the schema that describes it (the 'schema' may appear as the content of an element), use option -emb. In this case, make sure that you also use option -schemaLocation namespace location or noNSSchemaLocation location to specify the location of the schema to which the root element conforms... The file XML_Schema_Quality_Checker_Readme.html in the ZIP distribution includes more detailed instructions on installation, testing installation correctness, and using the program..."
- Announcement 2002-02-14: "IBM XML Schema Quality Checker 2.0"
- XML Schema Quality Checker web site
- FAQ document
- Download Schema Quality Checker 2.0
- Eclipse - "a kind of universal tool platform - an open extensible IDE for anything but nothing in particular"
- WSAD - "IBM WebSphere Studio Application Developer is an easy-to-use, integrated development environment for building, testing, and deploying J2EE applications."
- IBM alphaWorks XML Technologies
- Contact Achille Fokoue (IBM T.J. Watson Research Center)
- "XML Schemas" - Main reference page.