A communiqué from Kisi Kazutaka announces the new release of SGML/XML software tools that run under Mac OS. Three of the tools are invoked by a call-process of GNU Emacs 20.6, ported to Macintosh by Andrew Choi: NSGMLS 1.3.3b3, TransforMiix 1.0a, and ETAGS 19a. Also ported for use under Mac OS are SX 1.3.3b3 and JADE 1.2.1b2. These resources are available for download from a dedicated web site 'SGML/XML Tools for Macintosh', together with various conversion utilities for encodings. Kisi Kazutaka is a fellow in Japan Association of Graphic Arts Technology and editor of the Janapese 'The SGML/XML Page' web site.
Newly-released tools from Kisi Kazutaka
- NSGMLS: parses and validates the SGML document and prints on the file a simple text representation of its Element Structure Information Set (ESIS).
- SX: parses and validates the SGML document and writes an equivalent XML document to the file.
- JADE: applies DSSSL style sheets to SGML documents and outputs TeX, MIF, and SGML.
- TransforMiix: applies XSL style sheets to XML documents and outputs HTML and text.
- ETAGS: reads the file, and writes a tags table.
Other resources on the web site include (1) Shft-JIS to UTF convertor, which converts the encoding of the file(s) from Shift-JIS to UTF; (2) UTF to Shft-JIS convertor, which converts the encoding of the file(s) from UTF to Shift-JIS; (3) SGML Dictionary 'DicSGML 1.6', a bilingual SGML dictionary expressed via HyperCard stack.
- SGML/XML Tools for Macintosh
- Mac OS GNU Emacs 20.6
- JAGAT (Japan Association of Graphic Arts Technology)
- Japanese SGML/XML Page
- Contact: Kisi Kazutaka. Torimiyama 4608, Kitakata, Fukushima, 966-0901, JAPAN