Future of Knowledge Technologies
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 10:17:07 -0400 From: "Elledge, Marion" <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: email@example.com Subject: Semantic Web - Future of Knowledge Technologies
Glad to hear that the term "semantic web" is so controversial. This will be a topic at the new GCA event coming up in Austin Texas, March 4-7. Knowledge Technologies 2001 will introduce the next technology revolution. Based on attendance at the recent GCA XML events, the sessions on topic maps, RDF, ontologies, semantics, and knowledge management have been the most well attended. Thus, GCA is introducing this new event. It replaces the Xtech series usually held in the same time slot.
A Conference Board of Advisors has been established to oversee the event:
- Eric Miller, Senior Research Scientist, OCLC Online
- Chris Mellor, President, Wolters Kluwer International Health and Science
- Ann Wrightson, KnoW Steering Grouup
- Steve Pepper, CTO, Ontopia AS
- Michel Biezunski, Infoloom, co-editor, Topic Maps
- Dan Connolly, XML Activity Lead, W3C
- Mills Davis, CXO and Senior VP, PrintCafe
- Jim King, Director, Technology and Business Strategy, Microsoft Corporation
- Dominic Shakeshaft, VP Web Products, Wrox Press
- Chris Wolff, VP New e-Analytical Opportunities, West Group
I would invite you to submit a paper for this event. For more information on Knowledge Technologies and the selection process, please visit the event web site at:
and a p.s. To dispell some recent rumors, the Xtreme Markup Technologies event was extremely successful. Xtreme 2001 will take place in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, August 6-10, 2001. Watch for details!
Prepared by Robin Cover for The XML Cover Pages archive.