X-Hive Native XML Database Version 3.0
X-Hive Corporation Launches Version 3.0 of Its Native XML Database
Rotterdam, The Netherlands. June 13, 2002.
X-Hive Corporation today announced the release of version 3.0 of X-Hive/DB, the native XML database designed for software developers who need to process and store XML data in their applications.
X-Hive/DB supports all major XML standards including XML 1.0, XQuery, XPath, XPointer, XLink, XSL, XUpdate and DOM. It also offers a transaction mechanism, versioning with branching, BLOB storage and various indexing methods, as well as support for J2EE and WebDAV.
Next to overall performance improvements the following features have been added or enhanced in X-Hive/DB 3.0:
- Support for XQuery the standard query language for XML data.
- Support for DOM Level 3 Abstract Schema enables on-the-fly schema validation.
- Support for DOM Level 3 Load & Save for loading XML documents into DOM and saving DOM trees as XML source.
- New indexing method: element name indexes speeds up queries with element names.
- Improved XPath/XPointer API makes it easier to specify and execute an XPath/XPointer query.
- Improved administrator client with new functions and updated GUI.
- Simplified database setup with default configuration based on best practices.
X-Hive/DB 3.0 is available as of today on Linux, Solaris and Windows. A free 30-day evaluation license can be obtained from www.x-hive.com.
About X-Hive Corporation
X-Hive Corporation develops and markets X-Hive/DB, a native XML database. Software developers use X-Hive/DB in a variety of applications including content management, data analysis, catalog management and news syndication. X-Hive/DB supports all major XML standards and has a Java application programming interface with methods for storing, querying and publishing XML data.
X-Hive Corporation cooperates worldwide with software vendors, system integrators and consultants in delivering X-Hive/DB applications. X-Hive Corporation is an official supplier of the Renault F1 team who uses X-Hive/DB in their car analysis software.
Product description: http://www.x-hive.com/3.0/index.html.
For more information, see: www.x-hive.com
Tel: +31 10 710 86 00
Prepared by Robin Cover for The XML Cover Pages archive.