Submission of Web Services Manageability Standard to OASIS
Talking Blocks, CA, and IBM Announce Submission of Web Services Manageability Standard to OASIS
Leaders in Systems and Web Services Management Create and Jointly Submit Standard to OASIS Web Services Distributed Management Technical Committee
San Francisco, CA, USA. September 10, 2003.
Talking Blocks in collaboration with Computer Associates International, Inc. and IBM, will today announce a proposed standard for Web services manageability. The three companies will jointly submit the proposal to the Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS) Web Services Distributed Management (WSDM) technical committee.
The tenets of the proposed standard create an easily implemented Web services solution that dramatically reduces the amount of custom development that must be done on an ongoing basis. Specifically, the proposed standard:
- Enhances manageability with XML and WSDL
- Uses existing infrastructure mechanisms
- Is fully consistent with existing standards based Web Services infrastructures
- Does not imply the implementation of the manageability or the manager
For more information we invite you to review the [relevant documents].
Web Services Distributed Management Standard Documents
- WS-Manageability: Concepts document
- WS-Manageability: Specification document
- WS-Manageability: Representations document
- WS-Manageability: WSDL and XSD
- WS-Managebaility: IPR Statement for Submission to OASIS
Tel: +1 415.395.9872
Prepared by Robin Cover for The XML Cover Pages archive. See the news story "IBM, Computer Associates, and Talking Blocks Release WS-Manageability Specification."