[Cache from http://www.ebtwg.org/projects/ppcore.html; please use this canonical URL/source if possible.]
Core Components Specifications Project Proposal
The purpose of the project is to produce Core Components Technical Specification(s) and supporting documents, based on ebXML Core Components Technical Reports.
Electronic Business activities related to ebXML within the mission and objectives of UN/CEFACT and its working groups.
The project deliverables are:
- A consolidated ebXML Core Components Technical Specification that incorporates the material in the ebXML Discovery and Analysis, Naming Convention, and Context technical reports and adds material related to Metadata Definition.
- Specification for and the beginning lexicon of core components.
- Functional Expertise of Membership
The core components project team is a group of experts with broad knowledge in the area of Electronic Business (ebXML, UN/EDIFACT, and national EDI/eBusiness), ebXML Core Components, and technical specification development.
UN/CEFACT head of delegation (HOD) may designate one or more experts to the project team. In doing so, they may delegate this task to one or more organizations, which may be national, regional or international. Experts are expected to contribute to the work based solely on their expertise.
- Geographical Focus
The focus is global.
- Initial Contributions
The following contributions are submitted as part of this proposal. It is understood that these contributions are only for consideration by the project team and that other participants may submit additional contributions in order to ensure that as much information as possible is obtained from those with expertise and a material interest in the project.
- ebXML Core Component Overview v1.05
- ebXML Core Component Discovery and Analysis v1.04
- ebXML Context and Re-Usability of Core Components v1.04
- ebXML Guide to the Core Components Dictionary v1.04
- ebXML Naming Convention for Core Components v1.04
- ebXML Document Assembly and Context Rules v1.04
- ebXML Catalogue of Context Drivers v1.04
- ebXML Core Component Dictionary v1.04
- ebXML Core Component Structure v1.04
Participants in the project shall provide resources for their own participation. The continued existence and functioning of the project team shall not require any additional resources from the UN/ECE secretariat other than a core components listserver.